Wednesday, December 5, 2007

ARGH!

I went to the doctor today, and he said one more week for the crutches and stitches. I was hoping to get to the grocery store this weekend. I'm dying for an avocado and some farmer's market bread. My neighbor is great, when she goes every weekend she asks if I want anything, but then she gets the wrong item. I'm very specific about my farmer's market vendors, and she prefers different ones than I do.

So, on the way home - I hate the steps outside my house. They were redone so they are nice and horrible uneven and the colors don't even match the place. So, they are tough to ascend in crutches (no railings either). The inevitable happened - I tripped. Now, my one good foot is a giant bruise. It hurts soooo much. And the other foot I still can't put wait down on. It looks like an origami balloon, the skin so dry I can see the seams. I had the doc put lotion on it today :)

oh yeah, ARGH!

7 comments:

Amel said...

OWWWWWWWWWWWW I'm SO SORRY to hear that, Vic!!! Ouch...I'm ouching here while reading your story. :-(((((

Glad the doc put some lotion on the other foot!!!

Let me scream with you: ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Do you have some kind of balm that could help reduce the swelling?

Yeah, I know what you mean about asking someone else to buy something...most of the time you won't get the exact thing you want, but I'm glad your neighbour is that considerate! ;-D

GET WELL SOON for both feet now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more week to goooooooo!!! ;-D

Lss said...

ouch! get well soon!

Amel said...

Hi, Vic!!!

How RU feeling today? Hope better. :-)))

Victorya said...

The bruise has gone down, I iced it for an hour. That first night was hard though - and I could see why in the morning- most of the bruise is on the bottom of my foot. I don't know how I hit it so that happened, but there it is. At least it's just a bruise, so I'm massaging it to increase blood flow and hopefully get it gone faster. That's something I learned when I worked closer with patients - you massage the bruises and they go away faster.

Victorya said...

The bruise has gone down, I iced it for an hour. That first night was hard though - and I could see why in the morning- most of the bruise is on the bottom of my foot. I don't know how I hit it so that happened, but there it is. At least it's just a bruise, so I'm massaging it to increase blood flow and hopefully get it gone faster. That's something I learned when I worked closer with patients - you massage the bruises and they go away faster.

Amel said...

Hi, Vic!

Yeah, my Mom also always massaged us whenever we got bruises when we were kids. If it wasn't bleeding, then she'd first rub some Chinese ointment to help the blood flow.

At least you know how to take good care of yourself, so that's good!!! :-))))

Another week will pass by soon and you'll be without crutches and stitches. YEAAAAHHH!!!! ;-D

(((HUGS)))

Amel said...

Hi again, Vic!

How are you doing today? I hope there's sunshine in your heart no matter what. ;-D

Today I went out to the store again to buy some Christmas cards. I just realized I forgot to send some people Christmas cards. Well, gladly it's not too late yet he he he...

^___________________________^