Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I Can Walk!

Well, it's a sort of stumbling hoppy thing, but I still made it to the post office today on my own. Took me two hours to go there, stop at the pharmacy, the grocery store, and return. Keep in mind - the post office is only about 14-16 blocks away.

Still, I have to go to the doctor tomorrow because while the stitches were removed yesterday, by night time the top was cracking and there was a little blood. It hurts and really looks like it's breaking at the seam. I was told the day is packed and I'll probably end up waiting for a while. For the first time in a month I have to set my alarm clock. That totally sucks.

I really can't beleive how tiring this whole thing has been. Everything is so much harder, especially the whole showering thing. I haven't been on the computer nearly as much as while I'm at work, lol. However, nor have I been awake as much as usual as I tend to still sleep about 15 hours a day.

6 comments:

Liss said...

woooooooooooooot walking. glad to hear you're doing better. ick on the crusting.

Amel's Realm said...

Hey, that's GREAT to hear even though it took a long time for you to walk!!! And it's good that you can rest a lot...but I got a bit worried when I read about the bleeding!!!! But I guess you've gone to the doctor by now. So how did it go?

I can imagine how hard it is for you to shower. I had a wart on my little toe and it was SO hard to shower!!!!

Anyway, HIP HIP HURRAY 'coz the stitches are removed already! ;-D

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Good to hear you are making progress Vic. Hang on in there. Fish

Amel's Realm said...

Hey, Vic, hope your stitches are not bleeding or cracking anymore!!!

I'll have a small pre-Christmas party with some of my Finnish class friends and our teacher on Monday. YIIPPIIIEEEE!!! ;-D

It's good for me to socialize in real life every now and then he he...

Joe said...

Hello:

Great that you're recovering well. I saw a post by you elswhere related to instructors at the sackett street writers workshop. You mentioned 1 instructor was great and the other sucked. I am thinking of taking a course there. I was wondering what was the name of the good instructor and the name of the one that sucked? Thanks.

Victorya said...

Sorry I haven't been here for a while! My gosh, I gotta go post.

Liss- great to see you as always, and thanks for the wooot! that's what I'm saying with every step.

Amel! (hugs) yeah, the showering thing sucks. I did go to the doctor and all washing priveleges have been revoked for another week :( And walking ONLY as necessary. and congrats on socialization!

Fish! I'm hanging, I'm hanging. Added bonus- developed upper body from the crutches. I can do push-ups now.

Joe- if you have an e-mail I'll send it, not for naming names in public forum. But the good one was a guy, the bad a girl.