Monday, October 1, 2007

A Very Proper Gander

Photo Copyright: Victoryachasegoestotherapy.blogspot.com


I decided to take a page from David's blog, as it were. Since I won't have much time to write, I figured I'd post some pictures now and then.

This was taken in the park on Saturday. Usually, at the particulary pond that I visit, there is a swan among the regular ducks and Canadian Geese. As of late, I've noticed this wonderful gander - it's not often I see an 'American' goose nibbling up the tossed corn and seed.

I really liked the mud, the water was very low that day. Even the ducks were sinking up to their 'knees,' that is, if ducks have knees.

What I like about this photo is not only the texture of the mud, but that it almost looks like the goose is gazing at his own reflection. Meanwhile, you can see the sun is setting through the length of the shadow and the almost golden light on the left side of the goose. In fact, in just a few moments after this shot the sun had already descended beyond the horizon.

5 comments:

Amel said...

I LOVE the pic, Vic! I also love his reflection and the golden sun and the mud texture. ;-D You're quite a photographer! ;-D SPLENDID! ;-D

Don't worry about the meme...just take your time. ;-D

Victorya said...

Glad you like it Amel :) I love photography, but tend to think most of my photos don't hold up. Ducks and such are my fave subject, or, actually, reflections.

Amel said...

I think so far from what I've seen, you've been doing WELL, Vic. ;-D And yes, I love the reflection thingie he he he...I wouldn't mind seeing more of your pics. ;-D

Victorya said...

Ah, you're too sweet! Actually, just got an e-mail saying we'll probably have to work weekends too - so it might just stick with photos :)

I actually love photography, but having a little camera, have been told my images aren't up to snuff by some.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Hey girl, you and that camera of yours sure seem to go well together, don't they? Beautiful photograph Victorya, just lovely!